1. The Artist of the Week this week is the ever-inspiring Robert Rauschenberg, one of the first graphic artists and an early instigator of the pop art movement. His collages like the one pictured above combine an interesting mix of objects (click for a larger view) that keep you guessing about the connections he was making in his head as he created.
2. A photo of Ground Zero in honor of this week’s September 11th memorial.
3. Sometimes the best advice is the most simple.
4. Morgan and I were sitting side by side on our computers blogging earlier in the week when suddenly she gasps that she has found the boots of her dreams. As she turned her computer screen to show me I could not help but to burst out laughing at her joke. Imagining anyone in these boots, apparently a “comfort fit” is just too funny! This is one of those cases where function does NOT outweigh fashion.
5. Wildfox Couture is a favorite label of mine, and so are all their Monday Blues cures.
6. Here’s a view of the Marc Jacobs S/S 2013 Collection. We are loving the black and white geometric trend that many designers are using.
Got any featured favorites of your own that you think we should know about? Leave a comment!