As a tribute to Halloween, which happens to be both Morgan and Charlotte’s least favorite holiday, we have everything orange for you on today’s Friday’s Featured Favorites. Whether it is inspiring photos, decor, or apparel products, here’s what we are loving for the week.
1. This Alexander McQueen dress is absolutely gorgeous.
2. I’ve decided this is how I’m getting my nails done for the work holiday party this year. I’ve refused to follow the ‘paint your ring finger a different color’ trend because everyone is doing it, but I love this look of the black and gold so much I don’t think I can pass it up.
4. I’ve been especially missing my younger brother this week since he’s in Argentina, and right before he left he introduced me to the band Aunt Martha, which I mentioned back in this post. I’ve been putting in my headphones at work this week listening to Aunt Martha Pandora and I found this new favorite song of mine, Moonshine by Grover Anderson.
Have your own favorites of the week? Please share!
1. Photo of the Week: Our friend Amanda sent us this link about some sky high heels designed by artist Leanie van der Vyver and Dutch designer René van den Berg. While it is an interesting creative venture, all we could think of as we saw it was….Edward Scissorfeet?!
2. Listen of the Week: The Heist by Seattle hip hop duo Macklemore and Ryan Lewis is the number one album on iTunes this week. It’s full of witty, intelligent rhymes, promotion of social justice, and overall a lot of fun. Check out Charlotte’s write-up of it over at JENESEQUA Style Magazine.
3. Inspiration of the Week: It speaks for itself, does it not?
4. Tweet of the Week: This Twitter account is a spoof of the kind of stupid shit girls say that Morgan and Charlotte would generally consider themselves outside of. However, we have definitely said this multiple times throughout the week to each other. Oops!
5. Désirée Lucienne Day was a British textile designer who pulled inspiration from abstract art, creating dozens and dozens of exciting prints like the one featured above circa the 1950s. Makes us want to sew!
Got any favorites for the week you think we should know about? Please leave us a comment!
1. These pants from Zara rock. Morgan has a huge thing for pants (Charlotte is more into dresses and skirts) and absolutely loves all the printed skinnies that are out there right now.
2. Don’t let anything keep you down, but instead know that you are strong enough to overcome anything that comes your way. No person, job, or experience should ever stop you from being the person that you want to be.
1. Flamingo matches? Why not? Charlotte has a fixation with the animal and when she saw these she loved them.
2. Thursday morning both of us were just dragging and having so much trouble waking up and getting to work. Our wish was that somehow this joke would actually come true, but unfortunately it did not.
3. Some conversations in the last week have led us to remembering that so much of life is about becoming a better person and figuring out what good you can do in the world each day.
4. What could be better than Ellen tweeting textile jokes?
5. Ziggy Marley’s “Love Is My Religion” has sort of become a theme song for all of our friends! It seems like everywhere we go we are singing it, even though a few months ago Morgan had never even heard of Ziggy! Charlotte had to introduce her to this song.
6. These matching sailor stripe outfits remind us of earlier this week. We were headed out, and met up in the living room accidentally wearing pretty much the exact same outfit. Even though Morgan decided to change her look, this photo shows that being twins can be chic and fun!
1. The two of us have decided that we are someday going to be rich & famous and buy… a VW Bus. Of all the cars we could choose from, we found this just seems to be the most fitting. Someday look for the two of us and all our children to be loaded up in this thing driving around town…we will be way cooler moms than the ones in the minivans!
2. This Burberry travel bag is beautiful…. wait, isn’t everything by Burberry beautiful? Wait, sorry while I just drool over everything on their website.
3. There are so many of these e cards I laugh at but that aren’t the most appropriate to share, but then there are the ones that I read and I think to myself “wow, someone out there really gets me,” and those are the ones that really make me chuckle. I always thought once I was finished with high school and college the whole procrastination thing would just up-and-leave. I’m learning otherwise.
4. Live happily in order for others to be happy!
Do you have any Friday’s Featured Favorites of your own to share with us? Please do!
1. The Artist of the Week this week is the ever-inspiring Robert Rauschenberg, one of the first graphic artists and an early instigator of the pop art movement. His collages like the one pictured above combine an interesting mix of objects (click for a larger view) that keep you guessing about the connections he was making in his head as he created.
2. A photo of Ground Zero in honor of this week’s September 11th memorial.
3. Sometimes the best advice is the most simple.
4. Morgan and I were sitting side by side on our computers blogging earlier in the week when suddenly she gasps that she has found the boots of her dreams. As she turned her computer screen to show me I could not help but to burst out laughing at her joke. Imagining anyone in these boots, apparently a “comfort fit” is just too funny! This is one of those cases where function does NOT outweigh fashion.
5. Wildfox Couture is a favorite label of mine, and so are all their Monday Blues cures.
6. Here’s a view of the Marc Jacobs S/S 2013 Collection. We are loving the black and white geometric trend that many designers are using.
Got any featured favorites of your own that you think we should know about? Leave a comment!
1. Jonathan Fuller wins ‘favorite artist of the week’ today in my book. He collects pieces of seaglass all around the world and creates beautiful sculpted pieces of art by layering the pieces into simple shapes. I absolutely love it and the above piece is my personal favorite from the collection. Browse his website here.
2. Sometimes I dream of a cozy home with bookshelves that look like this. So many other great home ideas can be found here.
3. This is so true. It took me far too long to figure this one out.
4 Of course we all love The Sartorialist, but today I found a blog of a fashion photographer who is out on the streets of Los Angeles, The Streetgeist. Love the vibe of the blog & love knowing all these fashionable people photographed for the blog are so close to home!
5. Hot pink and black & white chevron are two of my favorite things right now. These nails are rockin’. Check out more nail polish ideas here. http://www.pinkurock.com/
6. Just thinking about all the music we danced the night away to at the wedding we went to on Friday and this e-card made me smirk.
Do you have any Friday’s Featured Favorites of your own to share with us? Please share because we’d love to hear your faves!
2. Today, our good friend Breanne marries the man of her dreams, Andy. We are always inspired by the wonderful love that two people who are really destined to be together share, and couldn’t be happier to be celebrating their special day with them! Cheers and best wishes to the happy couple!
3. Tweets from Harry and Peter Brant never cease to crack us up. We like to think our humor is on par with them, and that Le Coeur De La Vie is sort of the love child of the Brant Brothers and the Man Repeller, only sadly significantly less famous. If you aren’t already following our Twitter account for many of our own personal Tweets of the Week, visit @LeCoeur_DeLaVie.
4. Who knew Goo Gone was such a magical chemical concoction? Recently while moving out of her Seattle house, Charlotte and her housemates discovered a disastrous scenario, which was that some green sticky tack they had used to hang bulletin boards had melted into a congealed gummy sort of mess all over the wall, and was impossible to get off without taking off the paint and/or wall itself…UNTIL GOO GONE! Our featured friend Breanne had the genius idea, having used Goo Gone previously to erase nail polish from carpet. That is a hot tip for sure!
5. Stars is one of Charlotte’s top favorite bands, and in just a few short days they will be releasing their sixth studio album. Charlotte has of course been listening to it nonstop all week. The first half of the album is completely solid, although the track “Do You Want To Die Together?” could be done without, and half of the second half of the album is a bit forgettable. However, it is awfully hard to top the releases they have put out in previous years, and Charlotte would probably love anything the band did. Take a listen if you please!
1. Goodness. Has anyone else had an extremely exhausting week? We sure have. Beside that, the two of us could sleep all the time, and there are many days lately where we think about being in bed a lot throughout the day, and cherish any moment when we get some time to rest!
2. Someone found Le Coeur De La Vie by typing ‘Camel Toe’ into Google and Charlotte immediately shared it with me. I felt like a proud parent – we write about such important topics…. including camel toes. I also LOLed at work when I read this text, which is always awkward.
3. Every morning I want to put on a cute, covered up, layered outfit… but it’s still summer (and so stinkin’ hot)! So, even though its 90+ degrees outside, I’m stuck on looking for fall & winter fashion inspiration. I’m ready to ditch the tank tops I’m wearing everyday, and cover up in these cozy outfits for later in the year. I LOVE the pop of the wedges against the solid black ensemble!
4. LET IT BE. Sometimes this can be the biggest inspiration we need. I sure needed to remind myself of that many times this week.
Click here if you missed last week’s FFF!
Do you have any Friday’s Featured Favorites of your own to share with us? Please do!